Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
adding the old school middle bar to handmade bellows...

I've been hearing about how it's currently done in LA, and I'm sure the original accordions with this design had pieces of bellow glued to them, just as would have to be altered about current Italian bellows. Seeing as they won't have them made this way (I'm assuming). Currently the only way is to cut the bellows in half. The thought of this gives me the willies...

I wonder if it eventually feels not as comfortable, after the bellows break in to this design. I've played old, old ones with this, but obviously cannot make a comparison, for many obvious reasons reasons.

Anyone's experiences? I love, love, love how it looks, but I have this gut feeling they wouldn't feel so smooth

Re: adding the old school middle bar to handmade bellows...

I've had one on my B flat for years. Truthfully don't even notice it when I'm playing.

John

Re: adding the old school middle bar to handmade bellows...

Technically modern marconi and galassi bellows are much better than most oldies, but if you have an old & lazy one ready for a second life it might be a solution to put one in the middle ... - Nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!