Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: First live performance with my FR-18

Yeah, thanx Russ and others. The weight distribution with the double strap harness combined with that in- between weight ( between a Cajun box and a Piano Accordion/Traditional 3 Row )probably means the weight would be tolerable at gigs..especially if I lambswool sleeve the harness.

Finger spread and reach is possibly not so much the issue either as Larry was suggesting.

The BIG issue is the lateral dynamics of the bellows action push and pull..

I've looked at some video of FR-18 demos. and the bellows action can be cut down to a minimal movement but still retain a big sound, as amplification is doing all that. Trouble is there's heaps of that awful Tex Mex Conjunto and European playing in those Ytube videos..drives me crazy...I hate that stuff...for me it's what gives accordions a bad name .

The Zydeco sound per Andre Thierry is great. He seems to get on OK with his FR-18..but then again he could play anything ! Johnny Ace plays great too.
Guess we wait to see if we can get our hands on one for a try out.....

Re: First live performance with my FR-18

I use an Erica for some songs. It is light, but is only MM. Lacks some guts by itself, but is ok when the band fills in.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!