Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Getting new camera... thinking of a new youtube account... need advice

Okay, so I've ordered a camera that has totally badass video and sound quality (canon powershot sx20), and I'm fighting myself about what to do with youtube.

I want to redo every song I know, with this new camera, most of which are already on youtube from my old camera....

Should I replace all the videos, with new, on that account, or leave them and start a new account? Jesus, I already got over 100 vids on BmoreBusker... But also subscribers to BmoreBusker won't see the new vids coming out on a new account...

Decisions, decisions... Help!

Re: Getting new camera... thinking of a new youtube account... need advice

Dude I say keep it. You gonna play the songs different just date them in the title of the video. Also you could play them in different keys since you got all them different key accordions. It will be cool you'll have a video log of your accordion playing progress!

Hey Jim,your video's are classics man,sometimes you just can't recapture the magic.I say keep the old and redo the tunes on another channel with a link to each channel.I would love to see all the redo's

I'm in agreement with Christian and Patrick. The old stuff is classic!

I would further suggest that this is an opportunity to introduce a new bedspread, possibly a matching one for each accordion.

great ideas; I definitely should date them... Probably will make another youtube, as the current is overflowing with so many revisits of same songs, but don't wanna lose any of them

Jim,
These are memories for a lifetime with your father. These are priceless, and should be kept that way. You've been an inspiration to many of us. Looking forward to the new collections.

Paul
Jim,
These are memories for a lifetime with your father. These are priceless, and should be kept that way.

Though I agree with everyone else, Paul's quote above is the best reason to keep them.

JIm,
I barely know you so you don't need to listen to me, but your present videos are important references. Please leave them as is. BTW, my own dad has an old Martin guitar that I want him to play with me. Use the new camera, but keep adding to your same account and label and date the videos well.
DUDE! Your videos are helping to perpetuate Cajun accordion music....and you aren't even from there!
N'est pa?

Don't have the guts to remove them, John They are to good to take them away. If you don't want too much vids on one channel, make a channel for each accordion key

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!