Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Easy to see triple row videos on YouTube????

Maybe you could try typing foreign zydeco players' names you don't know of in the U.S. into YouTube; or their band's name. Like Gavin Lewery (Zydeco Active), Chris Hall (Cajun Roosters), Didier Lonjard (Zarico Playboys)... They mainly use a one-row but also, sometimes, a triple row (if I remember well - I'm not a Zydeco fan).

I recall having found some Zydeco Joe (Mouton)
videos where he's playing to the camera, solo.

Have you seen those?

--bn

he was i would say more about soul than notes and scale runs..

wle

I know of one, but camera is mostly on people's faces. I'll try to check out more.

Here's one that I took of Li'l Wayne on a GCF. This is a cool progresion. I haven't played it in awhile. if you have trouble pickin' up on it let me know and I'll go over it tonight and break it down for you. Nice video work even if i do say so myself. Link 1.
On link 2 is a vid of Andre Thierry I took on the Roland. it is hard to see but it is a virtual Rosetta stone of triple note work. If you search around on youtube there are plenty of Andre who is a phenominal player and the master of all accordions (piano, single and triple note) IMHO. enjoy. This video is much clearer on my ipad for some reason.
link 3 is pretty clear but good luck trying to cop these licks. This is why he is Andre and I am not!!!

Link 1 Beast of Burden by Dwayne Dopsie, Rockin Dopsie's son.

Link 2 L'Argent lesson.

Thanks, I've incorporated some of these. I saw that L'Argent one, but didn't think it particularly useful since you never got a sense of what the song sounded like.

That guy needs to deal with his sound issues too. He's got another one with no sound at all, and he's just left it up there.

Dwight,

Here's one from Lil Nathan..a simple ( to some ! ) triple row repetitive/reponse type riff in true Zydeco fashion , then he takes off with some pretty interesting ' licks' and runs as the video progresses. Vision is half decent...but hey...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgJZAj6v-yM&feature=related

Ok, added to my list. See link 2.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!