Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: My triple row contribution...

Excellent stuff, Ganey..thanx for going to the trouble. Clear vision and a really good sound ( what setting ? )

BTW...my Aussie band buddy and I have just placed an order for a Black FR-18 and Red soft case...being shipped out from the USA ( EBay - libertybellows.com ). Represents about low $2000 investment, including freight, so soon we'll be using yours, and many other posts, to get up to some sort of speed on the beast.

Keep those vids coming..they're brilliant.

Very nice work Ganey. Thanks. I like the sound you get out of that Roland. What setting and how did you get to it? What kind of amp? Sounds like a 4 reed Dino or Gab.

I usually just plug through my PA system, but I have the option of using my Fishman acoustic amp. For these videos, I just plugged straight into the line in on my computer. The settings that I usually use, depending on the key, are Cajun and Alpine. If the key is too low, the Alpine sounds too honking, so I switch to Cajun and it is usually a good alternative. To get to the settings see below.

First, push the "Set" button. Next, select the 3rd set, or family, by pushing the 3rd switch, then push "Set" again. You are now in the 3rd family of sounds. From there, select the voice that you want. Cajun is 3rd switch green, and Alpine is 2nd switch red.

The reverb that you hear is the standard factory setting. You can reduce or increase it, but it sits pretty good in the mix just as it is.

Hey Ganey, since you mentioned setting your box up as a CBA, thought I'd share this with you.

Horace Trahan playing Paper In My Shoe on CBA

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!