Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Baytown Tx LONGHORN ACCORDIONS?

Don't know about Longhorn

Try Jude Moreau in Groves... exellent accordions.

I seem to remember seeing a mention of the Longhorn Accordions, and I think it got a very good rating. One of our regular contributors is Bryan Lafleur, who builds the L'anse Gris accordion. There are many posts on this group of this excellent box. You also have Tim Reed in East Texas, who builds a fine box. Here is a link to a list of builders: http://squeezeboxbuilders.blogspot.com Prices will range from about $1800 to $2500 and up. You also need to check on the waiting time which could be up to several months. You need to start with a C box. I also recommend that you listen to lot's of Cajun music as you will be playing by ear. One good source is www.cajunmusicradio.com You will hear plenty of good tunes, plus, they provide a link to Amazon and iTunes to purchase the tune being played. I've purchased several by this means. Listen everyday if you can and let the tunes sink in. It will be easier to learn a tune if your are familiar with it. Don't forget YouTube. There are many, many videos posted. In the meantime, You can practice with your current 3 row. If it is a GCF then use the middle row to practice. When you get your Cajun box, you will be able to adapt very quickly to it. Good luck and keep squeezin'.

Why don't you just call Mr. Brisco and see if he'll mind if you drive by. Couldn't hurt.

JB

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!