Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Creole Stomp

Gary,

Off hand I do *not* know of any tabs for Creole Stomp,
although you've come to the right place to ask :-)

It can be a difficult song ..

--Big

Thanks Big Nick! I appreciate what you do as I have all three of your learn cajun accordion DVD sets, very good information, especially for the beginning player. It can be a little daunting first starting out as I am basically learning on my own. Your material has really helped me a lot!

Gary

Hello Gary,
Before you begin with tab, or before you even pick up that accordion, I suggest that you first try to find out the real essence of the tune.
Download this clip (Website #2) open it with WMP and slow it down (menu "options") and listen to it, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again, and again. (repeat 100 x)
Look at the flappers, so you can see which button is being played.
The musician on the clip is Chris Miller, one of our top players here, and the best teacher in the world.

... with all due respect to Big Nick of course ...

I've been learning classic tunes like this one more than ever by listening to jimmy Breaux repeatedly, in my car wherever I go. Obviously I'm not going to get close to his licks but his rhythm and timing is well pronounced and soon gets under you're skin. A friend introduced me to his stuff and its been a real breakthrough.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!