Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: can actually make the thing be a CBA

IMHO..Given that accordions are a different animal, I always gig with a guitar back up.
Two gigs recently, one where a support artist's guitar string busted in the middle of a set...he panicked and I could see why, he had no back up guitar. I offered him mine which he gratefully accepted. Lesson #1.
Lesson#2...a lead guitarist in the side project band I'm in came to a gig with only his Telecaster...he had problems with the Tele and he ended up using my Danelectro 56 U3 Reissue, which I had in the case tuned and ready to go. Annoying thing was the lead guitarist has a Strat. at home that's perfectly fine.

Both gigs had a floor full of dancers and a house full staring at you...to walk off with the excuse 'I don't have a working instrument' will get you no more gigs and a lot of egg on the face.

I know electronics , like FR-18's , would be very stable units, but I'd personally never do a gig without a back up. You'd only get caught out once and you'd never do it again. But that principle applies to acoustic and semi-acoustic accordions/instruments.

one row[s] as backup

yeah but you are using the one row as backup really
you CAN play 3 row songs on a one row if you have to
some anyway

question is, would you not have the one rows?

now what if it;s 8 years later and you have been noticing the roland is doing a couple quirky things..?

still no backup?

wle

Re: Who wants to join the Roland club??

I've got a like new Bb with an internal mic from Larry Miller to trade, or will pay the $1400.
Kirk

I emailed you back, Kirk. I'll be in touch.

Kirk, You're really going to like this instrument. All keys, many sounds, infinitely adjustable keyboard layout and bellows action, no feedback on stage, a volume knob, option to practice with headphones, and if you're experimenting, it can drive any midi synth (hardware or software based). Prepare your inner geek. The manual could be written more clearly, but you'll figure it out. Link #2 is an FR-18 forum with lots of good advice.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!