Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Acadian (Made In Italy)

This is what makes the Cajun Accordion Discussion fun:

misinformation

Love it.

IO is an excellent accordeon.. Tell him not to screw with it. Leave it as it is...

Tune it if necessary...otherwise leave it alone.

It's a well made Italian accordeon.

A huge cut above The Gabb "Cajun King".

Polverini is like saying YUGO.

What do you mean about the "misinformation"?

Brett,
I finally had a chance to look at your pics. This is definitely one of the early one supplied by John Gabbanelli. Mr. John gave me all of the parts to assemble one excluding the bellows and reeds. It is identical to the one he gave me. They were all painted black because he used inexpensive woods. He would sell the parts to Marc for $75. Marc would assemble them and put finishing touches on them, then sell for $700-$800. Mr. John felt like he was getting the raw end of the deal so he stopped supplying them.

I have also seen a couple of the later ones that were supplied by the factory currently owned by Polvrini. They are identical in every way to the Gabbanelli Cajun King, including the slider assembly and frame routing.

As accordeon companies go, Polverini does not enjoy a positive reputation with Euro players.. mos=dest quality.

Known to make for others for rebranding.

Polverini made kits for the 1 row 4 stopper.. they were sold to the public as well as "Mr. John" and others.

Anyone could buy them including Savoy.

They were grossly overpriced in the US at $1000

Ganey -
Thanks for the information.
BT

Link #2 shows the Polverini Cajun kit. Looks like it would be fun to tinker with - but you might get hooked and end spending a lot of time in the shop.

Just to add: I agree with what Bohemian said.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!