Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Help anyone? Looking for a transfered (VHS to DVD) copy of Marc Savoy / Tracy Schwarz instruction

Wouldn't ask this for something that's in circulation, but it's out of print. I lent the VHS to a student who moved to PA, and even if I got it back, I don't think my new t.v. will hook up my half dead VCR anyway

I'll pay for shipping and 20 dollars for your trouble.

Re: Help anyone? Looking for a transfered (VHS to DVD) copy of Marc Savoy / Tracy Schwarz instructi

Jim,

Yes, I have transferred my VHS-Savoy tapes to hard
drive and can burn a DVD for you.

Now .. I need to find which drive I put them on.

(I'm starting to use hard drive as we did floppies
a few years back :-)

Which volume are you seeking?

--bn

Re: Help anyone? Looking for a transfered (VHS to DVD) copy of Marc Savoy / Tracy Schwarz instructi

If you have trouble finding it let me know. I have a copy.

Hey guys, I am sure a few people, myself included would be interested in getting our hands on a DVD transferred copy of that now unavailable VHS tape!

OK .. found my DVD copy

Guys,

I've located my Volume DVD copy.

It sports a quick & dirty Selection Menu. The video
quality isn't the greatest, but much of that is due
to what VHS tapes had to offer

This is Volume 1. I'm just about at the point where I
can start to learn some of Marc's licks .. I mean
*just* at the point where I can *start* !

But, there is a LOT of good-stuff on that volume

So, send me a snail-mail address and I'll shoot off a copy!

--bn

Re: OK .. found my DVD copy

Nick:

Are you referring to the Gospel Accordion to Marc series or How to Play Cajun Accordion that the original poster was asking about?
I had the VHS How to Play the Cajun Accordion by Marc and Tracy Schwarz, and absolutely loved it!
Don

Which Marc Savoy tape? "Gospel Vol-1" or "Marc + Tracy Schwarz"?

Oh oh ..

I see what you're saying. I thought we were
talking about "Gospel Accordion to Marc" Vol-1.

But, I do have the original with Tracy Schwarz too.

I'll bet you're right and I've sent out the wrong
ones

Anyone else following this thread? Which one we
talking about please

Merci,

--Big Nick

Re: Which Marc Savoy tape? "Gospel Vol-1" or "Marc + Tracy Schwarz"?

Hy Nick I meant the Tracy Schwarz / Marc, but if you also have Gospel 1 transfered, then that would be great too. I've got that on VHS, and it's about done for

While were at it I'll buy your #3 DVD... Can you let me know the price and where to send check, in a msg on facebook ? Thanks

Can do paypal, even better, if you have it

Jim,

I can bundle my DVD #3 along with the "Savoy Vol-1"
and "Tracy + Marc".

Yes, PayPal is easiest.

http://www.bignick.net/BoxLessons/Cajun_Accordion_Vol_3.htm

Merci beaucoup,

--bn

Big Nick:

I would like to be next in line for the Gospel Accordion to Marc Vol. 1, and Learn The Cajun Accordion (with Tracy Schwarz and Marc (plus Ann) Savoy. I can donate to your PayPal for your troubles. Just send me a private email with costs and I can send payment. Between your three dvds, Dirk Powell's, Wilson Savoy's Steve Riley, Joe Halls, etc. I think that would just about cover what's out there. Had the Joe Roger's series, but not my preference.

Don

What songs are on Gospel 1?

11 Songs on Gospel #1

Choupique
Valse de Grande Piniere
'Tit Mamou
The Cowboy Waltz
Quelle Etoile
La Valse de Opelousas
La Talle D'Eronces
La Valse De L'Anse Maigre
The Perrodin Two-Step
Eunice Two-Step
Amede Two-Step

Thank you Nick! Also a memory from either '03 or '04

Cheers man, thanks for your help... I sent the payment for your #3 DVD via paypal.

I was looking at the preview on youtube a few days ago and noticed you have Cajun Hot Shoe as one of the songs... Remember that year we were both in Dirk's class learning that one? I had it down pretty well, but for some reason stopped playing it years ago.

It'll be good to have a refresher on that, and to learn from the rest of the line up. Great deal man, thanks again

I don't know what happened to my last posting, but I'd be grateful to anyone whoi cloud provide me with dupes to DVD of the entire series at a fair price.

~ Kerry

TJ
If you have trouble finding it let me know. I have a copy.

I asked Big Nick the same.

Hi TJ and Big Nick...if possible I'd like a copy as well! Thanks!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!