Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
new song to me, learned from Nick's DVD 3

So this song is new to me, mostly. I toyed with it at Augusta in 2004, but never really kept on with it, until a couple days ago with Nick's video.

He picks every note chord and embelishment apart, so it's an easy video to learn from. It was for me...

Anyway here it goes... Cajun Hot Shoe

This is played on my first Cajun accordion, the walnut Acadian I bought in 2002. I've played the living sh*t out of this thing and it still kicks ass

Re: new song to me, learned from Nick's DVD 3

Great stuff
Pleasure to listen to

Well done. Cajun Hot Shoes is one of my favorites and was one of the first two steps I learned. I can't say enough about Big NIck's DVDs. I am glad you are using them. It's the only way to learn if you don't have a teacher. He really is an excellent teacher.

Dana, can't say enough about Nicks DVDs? I'm filing that one under 'shocker'.

nice playing Jim- I've seen a few of your youtube clips, and would like to ask a couple questions if you don't mind- How or where did you work out 'Girls From The Country'; and man, how many boxes do you own?

Hey Matt, I got me a family of Accordions... easier to deal with than any kind of married relationship and / or children, so to speak. Cajun accordions and other instruments even saved my life and helped me feel better about the fact that I'm never getting married and the family gig

I learned 'Filles De La Campagne' by listening to a rare track from Savoy / Doucet vinyl LP(or cassette tape). Sort of rare in the sense that it's not on any of their CDs. Only on that one album. It's with the California Cajun Orchestra. I was blown away by it and had to teach myself it

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!