Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Congratulations to Chris Miller, CFMA Accordionist of the Year!

Chris,

Let me add my congratulations. To be honored by your peers is great. And, as others have said, we basic Cajun music lovers are fortunate to have you and other professionals on this list. Thanks for that, too.

Gene

Thanks, everyone...what nice comments! I enjoy the board--although always more difficult to check things here during the school year. Sometimes it's the Cajun Accordion that is my therapy--some drink...or play golf...or both...or fish...I play the accordion. And I enjoy talking and sharing with others that have similar interests. This board helps me as much as it would anyone else, I think. I have met some really nice folks and gone many places and met some of these folks in person, too. It seems odd that just 20 years or so ago...this kind of electronic exchange of information was practically nonexistent.

Jamey--no, I have never before won this award. There are many great accordion players who have never won. You only stand a chance of getting on the ballot whenever you are on a recording...as a result, guys like Walter Mouton are rarely on the ballot. I've only really been on three full length CDs. This year I was nominated because of the accordion work on the CD "Le p'tit Chevrolet" for Les Amies Louisianaises--a CD that I also produced 12 tracks for. So it was a great honor to be nominated and of course very nice whenever enough folks vote for you so that you can win.

I've won three other CFMA award for the Bayou Roots CD- Best CD, Band of the Year and People's Choice--all in the same year for the same CD. It was quite a thrill. Both years I have received awards I have feel a bit awkward because there are usually so many deserving recordings and musicians...and many of my personal favorites were ones that I "beat."

I also want to point out that the CD by the Port Arthur Playboys with Jed Bellot received best first CD--Ganey Arsement produced that CD and released it on his own label. Congratulations to the band and to Ganey!

You certainly deserved this Chris. Congratulations. With "winners" them juries usually hand out fools-gold rewards, and there always seem to be too many "loosers". But this reward sticks out and shines like a well earned real gold medal. - Nout

Ganey produced Jed's CD?! Wow, nice going, Ganey! I'm looking forward to buying that one; any super-easy, convenient way to do that?

Being a good musician is one thing, being a good teacher is another.
If you are both, you are really something special, for this is a rare combination.
Congatulations with your award Chris, and thanks for sharing your music and knowledge with us!!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!