Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for those who know brass-plate / steel reeds

Was wondering if any of you knew how these reeds act. When they tarnish from inevitable over oxidization, do they make the steel reeds go out of tune, and/or respond less?

Re: Question for those who know brass-plate / steel reeds

Do you mean the brass plates or the steel reeds?

Binci makes brass reed plates with steel reeds. I'm just wondering if the tarnishing of the plates effects the reeds

I don't know for sure, but don't see how it would, any more than time affects the tuning anyway. What I noticed most from the brass base reeds I used was they are quicker to respond.

Interesting Q; as i just have a new set in D sent from Binci, and i tend to agree with Bryan, very responsive, and also a great sound. Had a C accordion in a while back with brass, seemed a little oxidized, but did not notice any thing exceptional but a little brownish coloration of the brass plates. The same with a Bb accordion a few years ago. PS anyone interested in a full Bb set of Salpa's, good condition. Eventually some swap with a full Binci #1 C-set? - Nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!