Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Eric Bibb String Band featuring Dirk Powell & Cedric Watson in Sacramento...anyone going?

Good to know, Mark. They're here next Friday. I always go to hear Dirk, one of the best accordion teachers I've ever had.

Re: Eric Bibb String Band featuring Dirk Powell & Cedric Watson in Sacramento...anyone going?

Yeah... rode the Harley down to the show, sat outside because they were sold out. I had really hoped to meet Dirk but it wasn't to be. FWIW, in the same complex -- it's an old school -- there was a big Mexican wedding with some killer music and a passel of pre-55 Chevys done up to near mint. Very cool scene. The music sounded great from outside.

Sure wish I had the opportunity to actually see someone play the box, watch the fingering up close. Dave Mason has been so kind to lend me a C accordion. I fool with it but it's not the same as when I was crazy nuts for playing it years ago. I'm not Cajun, feels like I'm walking in another man's shoes. But it's great music and I love the sound of the 10-button.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!