Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What I won on Ebay all in one day :)

I'm going to fix and hot rot these old men. Both 4 stoppers... First one's in A, and I'm not sure about the second one.

Both of these two separate auctions combined (shipping included) was a little over 100 dollars, total. I'm not sure how I got this lucky, and all in one day. From what I understand, the first one is in ****ed good shape, despite a couple reeds not sounding on the high bank, and a small hole in the bellows (both fixable). The second accordion is supposedly in decent shape, too, but we'll see...

I fortunately have a Hohner in A, with reeds, that I've been stripping for parts, for my really good Hohners. These reeds may come in handy if any are broken in the first box.

Re: What I won on Ebay all in one day :)

Extremely lucky indeed. Couldn't be better.
It's great that these old beauties get a second chance. They're in good hands.
I wonder how these old ladies will look after their facelift.
Good luck with the makeover Jim!!

It's odd the way one of the stops is offset. Would like to see pics of the inside.

Cool news, Jim! I told you that you could find some nicer old boxes on Flea Bay. You just gotta dig. It's nice that the boxes you found will now be around for another 100 years.
And great playing on that wet-tuned F, man! Really......

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!