Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
What is your left hand preference when playing 12-bay blues?

Braves,

I was wondering what everyone's left-hand preference is when
playing a twelve bar blues song such as "Blues de Tac Tac".

Do you keep the left hand rhythm going even though you don't have
all "three chords" (I, IV, and V) or do you chose to not use the
left hand at all.

Or perhaps, you prefer to use the left hand for parts of the song
where the left hand chording is appropriate?

Or maybe your left-hand preference is different when playing solo
vs playing with an ensemble?

Jus' wunnering :-)

Merci beaucoup,

--Big

Re: What is your left hand preference when playing 12-bay blues?

...or get an accordion with an extra set of basses to match the IV chord and play 'em all.

Chuck's got a good point there, I think many players could have used an extra bass note at certain times...do you think we'll ever see more accordions being made with perhaps 3 left side bass buttons all in a single row instead of the usual two...might be interesting

I do what I can with my left hand and hope the force is with me!

Matt
Chuck's got a good point there, I think many players could have used an extra bass note at certain times...do you think we'll ever see more accordions being made with perhaps 3 left side bass buttons all in a single row instead of the usual two...might be interesting

Chuck was making a joke. He just had Bryan Lefleur build him an accordion with 4 bass notes instead of the usual 2.

Speaking of... Chuck are you coming to Fest Acadian this year and bringing that new contraption?

Jon Melancon
Matt

Chuck was making a joke. He just had Bryan Lefleur build him an accordion with 4 bass notes instead of the usual 2.

Speaking of... Chuck are you coming to Fest Acadian this year and bringing that new contraption?

Hi Joe, yes I've seen that number 13 'The Head Scratcher' by Bryan..joke or not if he can make one with 4 basses, 3 should be a piece of cake!

For Matt..with just one extra bass button, you would only get a bass note or chord, not both as you do with 2...

Jon, yep, in on Thursday, out Monday. Sending you an email.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!