Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Beaumont Rag Cajun Style

Europeans, you gotta love them.

I LOVE it, Peer!!!!! Great sound! I think I might even like it better if you did it "swingy" ala Ed Poullard - sounds right up his alley. Jolly good show!!

BTW, is that a National dobro over your left shoulder, or maybe a National copy, like a Johnson? Is it a squareneck? A tri-cone? I traded off one of my old keyboard accordions for a squareneck resonator (Regal) about 6 weeks ago, and have been happily making noise with it ever since. I also spent some money at Janet Davis music, just up the road here, and put a new cone, inserts, spider, nut, and strings on it. IT sounds pretty good, even if I don't, but I love fooling around on it. Pedal steel has always been my fantasy second choice, behind the accordion . . .

Thanks, Jamey, I'll try a swingy version too, if I can. I hardly played CA since a few months, this was my first trial for something new. It's always nice to discover new possibilities on just these ten buttons.
On most of my videos there are three stringed instruments in the background.
The tricone is a tweaked Johnson (a Chinese). I bought it second hand for a few hundred euros. The brown resonator is a Johnson too, also bought second hand. The first owner had put in a different cone already. I've always been a fan of prewar blues guitarists like Blind Blake, Blind Boy Fuller and the like, and I've always dreamed of having guitars like that. When the Chinese started making "fakes" of decent quality, (not like Arietta) they came into range. All guitars have a rounded neck, and none of them top quality.
The OME banjo was inherited from a deceased friend. I play it quite a lot these days (more than te CA I must admit). This is a very good instrument.
On my Youtube channel petraki53 you will find some blues and banjo stuff!

Beaumont Rag swing Style

On website #3 a "swing"version.
Better camera, better sound.
I hope you like it!

Re: Beaumont Rag swing Style

Can't wait! But right now I have gumbo and an impending jam to attend to. Ciao! And Chow!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!