Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Still making Accordions

Looks great Elton; I love curly maple. I would have gotten an accordion with that wood, but I smoke and light colors turn yellow. My white accordion looks like my walls

Hey Elton, where did you ship to? I thought I was one of the only people into playin cajun music in N. La

Beautiful accordion!

Hi, It is in Natchitoches I had to look up the word I did not know how to spell it The guy that bought it plays zedco Anyone can have one like this for $1900.00 or plain maple or walnut for $1800.00 with a free shoulder strap call at 337-684-6495 Elton Doucet

What brand of reeds are in it?

it has benci reeds in the key of D

Very nice John

and note:

Mitred Corners.

Accordion looks really nice. The valve flappers seem to have large spacing in between each one. Is this related to button spacing? I mentioned button spacing and flappers spacing in another thread. Some replies indicated there are two button spacings, Sterling and Hohner?

I use 3/4 sterling pattern on all the accordion I make

Don, the space between flappers is dependent on 2 things, the button spacing, and the width of the flappers.

Hey Elton,

Are you the one that got a hold of that white Globe on ebay recently?

John

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!