Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Q for builders and repairers

Q: is there a way to stiffen too loose bellows, since i have a repair job with a mint instrument where some fool has overstretched the otherwise neat bellows so that all the springiness has gone. Dampening them might cause the glue to reset itself? Some spray can stuff one would use for sealing purposes? thanks, Nout.

PS i have a good condition full set of Salpa's in Bb, with only two LM ground note bass-reeds, as the normally 3 LMH bass reeds config misses the H one. Will swap against a Binci number one C or D set.

Re: Q for builders and repairers

The only thing I've ever heard was a guy talking about how he cut one fold out of the worn bellows from the right side and re-glued the bellows back on. He swears that stiffened the bellows up slightly but I'm not so sure I believe him.

John

I think that once they're floppy and have the clap, they're pretty much shot.

Jim, guess you havent been to Angelle's lately. There's a lot of phillies that got the clap and are floppy but they get down just as good as the rest ! Lol

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!