Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I need to find a fiddle Site, help!

I purchased an excellent violin last week and have been unable to put it down. Unlike the last three or four times over the past 50 years, I'm actually making some headway with the only stringed instrument that has defeated me.

I'm torn between learning to hold the violin and bow in the approved way or just collapse the wrist, grab the stick and go. Are there any violin/fiddle Sites comparable to this good old Cajun Accordion place? Cajun and Creole playing is high on the list and so is the music from the hills. I have a couple of fiddle/banjo etc CDs by Dirk Powell that are off the charts and the are truly inspiring. I so want to play this thing...

Thanks!

Tq

Re: I need to find a fiddle Site, help!

Check out www.fiddlehangout.com

By searching this site, you'll find a ton information shared among fiddlers. I know I used this site primarily to ask a lot of my questions.

A cajun fiddle group has been put up on the fiddlehangout. Some of us from here are on there.

http://www.fiddlehangout.com/group/cajunfiddlers

Thanks both of you. I'll check it out.

Tq

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!