Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sterling Accordian

Yes, you do have the right to your own opinion about accordions. But Me, Personally, I prefer "Weltmeisters" because they sound more like "Monarch" and "Sterling" accordions and are made more for the Traditionalist like myself. Gabbanelli's Cajun "King" has a different tuning than you would expect from one made by Marc Savoy, Randy Falcon, or Junior Martin. No one can beat them. They all makes very good accordion as you may know. But as far as imports, I would go with the "Weltmeisters" Gabbanelli's Cajun "King" accordion is made more for Zydeco style players and not Traditional Cajun Music. They just don't have that sound. I've been playing accordion now for nearly 27 years and I've played a lot of them. The good, the bad, the ugly... I've played them all. The closest thing I've ever heard to Marc's, Randy's, or Junior's accordions are the German-Made "Weltmeister" accordions. They have the more Authentic Cajun sound and furthermore "Weltmeister" is the same company who made "Monarch" and "Sterling" accordions before World War II. So there you go. Hohner and Gabbaneilli are no match for Weltmeister. To Me, Hohner is more for the beginner while Weltmeister is more for the advanced Traditional player and Gappanelli is more for Zydeco style players. Yes, when it comes to Traditional Cajun Music, those "Weltmeisters" can put Hohner's "Ariette" and Gabbanelli's Cajun "King to shame!!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!