Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Aldus Roger playing in 1968 in this 'lost' documentary

Thanks to Cameron Dupuy for this excellent find. Skip to 6:20.

INA.fr
Documentary called "La Louisiane"

http://boutique.ina.fr/video/art-et-culture/arts-du-spectacle/CPF86609025/la-louisiane.fr.html

WF

Re: Aldus Roger playing in 1968 in this 'lost' documentary

Thanks so much! So many memories! I can't name them all but that was Phillip Alleman on steel guitar and vocal, and the fiddlers left to right were Louis Foreman and Tony Thibodeaux!

The announcer just before who said that if your house didn't have Schlitz, you didn't have any beer was none other than Bradley Meaux. He's mentioned in a Marion Marcotte story, le Pategau.

The sheriff coming in by boat in the suit and cowboy hat in the first scene was Euda Delcambre (you-DAY del COMM). The sheriff used to pose with each team on picture day/opening day of our Bayou Boys Little League right around those years. I played for Maurice WOW (Woodmen of the World), and our competitors were from the towns of Milton, Youngsville, Erath, Perry, Meaux, and Delcambre.

Re: Aldus Roger playing in 1968 in this 'lost' documentary

Hey, excellent vid. That's the kind of stuff that helps me learn francais cadien. Priceless stuff. C'est vrai!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!