Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Chinese Hohner quality

I admit that the nazi remark was bad taste. Not as bad as the Cajun IV design, but still... Sometimes you think you're funny , but you are not. This happened to me yesterday. Hopefully in the future I will be as funny as ever!
I have two Chinese resonator guitars, both quite good. And from now on I will leave the comments on Chinese accordions to the real connoisseurs. Happy?

Talking about bad taste: moralizing others without even mentioning your own name doesn't deserve a beauty prize either.

Well said Peer.
:-)

To Mister *******: before taking the high grounds on other people's comments, why don't you start by posting a name.

I just looked at the clip.... Ouf....Calling it with the word "Cajun" in it is an insult to Cajuns, Cajun culture and Cajun music. That thing sounds and looks ugly. It proves that the marketing people at Hohner are obviously disconnected from the potential market of people who have an interest in Cajun music. This product won't fly, unless, there's another market for it that I'm unaware of.

I bet if Steve Riley played it behind a screen it would sound much better to everyone. JMHO

Re: New Hohner cajun IV

Well, Steve, too late mate: some acclaimed famous person had already the Gutz to play it in front of the screen ... giving us the opportunity to see what this fuzz is all about:

What a beautie ! love the one polkadot on the keyboard, must be the switch for preset "cajun music" ... must say the sound of the thang seems not too bad on this video, and it looks a bit here if this particular is in need of a puncture fix, but maybe it's only a small hole .... Nout

Re: Joel

Joel is an excellent accordionist.
But it looks like he is working a bit hard to play this instument.
Is anyone else seeing that in the video?

DP

Re: Joel

Joel always looks like he is working hard when he plays, it is his style.

BTW he is from Union Gap Washington south of Yakima.

Beats taking the low ground.

My Name is Jeff Hildreth,

but as others use the same nom de plume over and over and over, I add a bit of variety.

BUTT always a bowl of rice at the end of the session

The most lucid and informative post yet. Congrats.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!