Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Acadion in D for sale

Hello Pat, I'd like to have it too, but I can't just pass by and pick it up. Too bad. Anyway, if one of the Braves gets it, it will sort of stay in the family.

Re: Acadion in D Sold sorry Ned got there first

Thanks for the inquires,I was hoping one of the lads would get it.Ned got to me first

Hey Patrick, off topic a little, but where did you get the rhythm track? I really would like to get some rhythm tracks.

John in Oregon

Hey John,I did them my self.If you play guitar its easy,just get a cheap multitrack recorder and then play along.If you don't play guitar get a friend who does, to record some.If you can't do either,its fun to learn guitar,and it helps your music in general.One trick on recording guitar track is to take out all the bass or they sound boomey,especially in Cajun

How come you're selling it Pat?

Sadly, I don't know anyone around here that is even remotely interested in playing the style and the accordion is all I play - aside from drums and didjeridu. :)

Would you be willing to share some tracks with me??

I'll be at Balfa. Maybe you could teach me that version of Bonsoir Moreau? Man, I like it.

John in Oregon

Hey Jim,just not playing in D much.Everybody here plays in C or G.
Hey John,that's Jim's version.I got it from him.Jim's got the best version of a lot of tunes,check out his YouTube channel.I'll be glad to show you at balfa

Gahh.. Jim says to talk to you, Pat.

Make a deal... Guitar rhythm track for a plentitude of good beer at Balfa. And also... I won't play the tune from "F-Troop" --- A LOT. Just for you!!!

John in Oregon

LOL John,do you have a recorder.We could make some tracks at balfa.Even these cheap recorders sound good

You can bet I will have one there. And the promised tasty brews/beverages.

Man, you folks back home got it good with the music. Woe for us on the edge of the world.

John in Oregon

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!