Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Baltimore Ravens in Louisiana, and the sudden urge to defile my bellows. Need suggestions

I know my town with their Ravens obsession, and I never even gave a crap, until my dad all of a sudden became football obsessed, 5 years ago (no prior history of the condition)....

And this is my idea! Help me out.

I need advice on how to get the Ravens logo on to a set of bellows. My 1980's Acadian would be great for this. My vision is a town that tips way more, and shows interest in the Accordion, simply because of me sporting the colors.

The builders in LA that I've conversed with say that it either can't be done for a set of bellows, or they highly do not recommend it, because once the bellows are open, it'll look like ****.

My thing is, I tend to keep the front of the bellows together when I'm playing. If if not "recognizable", the gold B in the center (for bmore) and the beak will be enough. I don't spread my bellows like a *****s legs, unless I'm feeling under the mental weather.

Any help would be appreciated. What kind of paint would be best for bellows. Outer, not interior

Re: Baltimore Ravens in Louisiana, and the sudden urge to defile my bellows. Need suggestions

Simply apply a Saints Feur de Lis decal and forget those Ravens...

Re: Baltimore Ravens in Louisiana, and the sudden urge to defile my bellows. Need suggestions

It's just me but.........forget the bellows and fly a small ACADIAN flag from the top. :)

LOL, visit the local tattoo parlor and apply this anywhere, like the side plates?:

Or easier, just remove the strap holder screw from the top and mount this whole thing instead ... :

- Nout

Nevermore...

That was a Poe quality suggestion......

Re: Baltimore Ravens logo

The Baltimore logo is a 5 color logo. (If you use the bellows color for black, then it's 4) The "B" just by itself would be 3 color.

Back when I used to do silk screening this would have been an expensive job because of the 4 screens involved.

But on a bellows, you would need to do a spray paint stensil.
Jr. Martin used to use a guy in Los Angeles to spray paint his bellows with the crawdad logo. You might check with him.

It's just a thought, but you could buy one of the vinyl stickers, put that on the bellows and use a razor to slice it up. there would be a vertical window blind "effect" but just the big "B" might look good. After the install (and cut up) you would probably need to use a hair drier to "relax" the vinyl to stay on.

DP

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!