Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Richard Accordions

Has anyone here used Richard Accordions? He's from Carencro and sells his between 1800 and 2000 a piece. If you have are they good for that price? I'm looking to get a good C Accordion within the next month or so. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
-Jordy

Re: Richard Accordions

Jordy, I'll be honest with you. I've played a lot of different accordions by different makers but I've never played a Richard. In the $1,800-$2,000 price range. I would personally recommend you talk to Bryan LeFleur who makes L'Anse Gris accordions. He is on this message board and will be easy to get in touch with. He just finished one for a friend of mine and we were both very impressed. Plays great, sounds great, looks great, he was a very happy customer.

If your in the market for a good hand made La brand accordion check with Jr. Martin, he makes one of the finest accordions around. When you buy a NAME brand accordion they hold there value, you can always sell it for more than the orginal cost. Remember name brands hold there value!!!!!!

It was only a matter of time till Randy4U weighed in to push Martins. (He's kind of like our village idiot). Anyway, you will be hard pressed to sell a Martin or any "name" brand accordion for more than its original cost. At least not in any reasonable amount of time. Well, maybe if you hold it for a few years while the US dollar continues to depreciate...

I recommend taking advice from players who actually know how to play. If you are local, go to some of the jams around here and ask those who play well their opinions on the various makers out there. Of the big name major builders such as Martin, Acadian, Falcon and Bon Cajun. My favorites are Acadian and Falcon. To me these two brands sound and play the best.

Now outside of these big names I would put Brian LeFleur's boxes in the same category as Acadians and Falcons based on sound, playability and looks.

One on e-bay. Link #1 or a well well used Begnaud Link #2

Mitered corners

Someone on this board might appreciate the mitered corners...

Re: Mitered corners

(Channeling Dwight)

"It might or might not make a difference."

Re: Richard Accordians

Thanks for all of the help. I'm still looking, but for now I'm borrowing an old Mouton from a friend. Its in G and its pretty worn out, but it'll work until I decide what I want to get.

Thanks
-Jordy

Re: Mitered corners

David, when I saw you post on this thread, I knew exactly what you were going to say.

But, the original was "It mitre might not make a difference."

Anyway, mitred corners mostly make a difference to people who look at them on a shelf. When you're playing them, you can't see the corners.gb

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!