Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Balfa roll call

Hey Jamie: I will be there with my wife Karen. I think I count about
7 other folks from the Seattle contingent. Looking forward to
wine tasting and jamming on the dock!

I'm booking a campsite for the week, will attend as much of the official activities as I can afford. Looking forward to a meeting of the L'Anse Grise Owners Club and Gathering of Bryan's Babies, with proud Dad in attendance.

Jamie, would you designate and host a time and place for an initial gathering of the Braves family over the weekend?

Not gonna make it this year. Somebody else is going to need to buy the Jameson's. :-)

Weekend only for me.

Will be there with 2 fiddles, 1 guitar and old faithful "Le Capitaine" in C.
And some Jamesons.

Plan on having a great time with Al Berard doin' the fiddle thang.

Our band will have played at least 8 crawfish boils this year prior to Balfa, and we have one scheduled for Saturday Apr. 27 as soon as I get back.

Need a change of diet.

Looking forward to eating some Louisiana pig.

JB

I'll be there all week Mr Hall

The jury is out for me, we'll know soon...:-)
Maz

I'm not gonna be able to make it this year. New job, new city, old house for sale in old city... Just too much going on this year. Have fun everybody.

Change of plans: Will be there all week, small dorm.

I plan on being there for the weekend.

Glad to hear about all the Braves coming; hope Maz falls off on the right side of the fence he's presently sitting on; and sorry to hear Mark's not coming - bummer!

I think you've had an excellent idea, Chuck! Let's all get together at a particular time and place on Saturday. Let me think about it a bit first, but my first thought is to get together whenever the zydeco band is playing . . .

Jamey Hall
Glad to hear about all the Braves coming; hope Maz falls off on the right side of the fence he's presently sitting on; and sorry to hear Mark's not coming - bummer!

I think you've had an excellent idea, Chuck! Let's all get together at a particular time and place on Saturday. Let me think about it a bit first, but my first thought is to get together whenever the zydeco band is playing . . .

Cory Ledet's a great guy and a genius musician, but when he starts, lets all us Braves meet at the other end of the parking lot, in the middle, right across the road from the jam tent; that way we won't disturb the jammers, if there are any, and if there are not, we can saunter across the road and commandeer the jam tent!

Sound like a plan?

Sounds good!

Is Corey still playing super loud?

I dunno. Corey's a GREAT player, but I don't remember him being particularly loud when I've seen him. But I don't tend to go hear zydeco very much.

Hey Ron, e-mail me @ thehappyhalls@sbcglobal.net If you're still looking, I have an accordion I might sell, and I'm interested in what kind of keyboard accordions you have . . .

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!