Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Hello & A Fiddle Question

Five years in the wilderness; you can't eat using buttons.

Can you post an Mp3 or other link to the tune to have a listen? I don't know or have it? - Nout

Thanks guys for taking an interest.

If this link or copy & paste doesn't work, look up La Danseuse on YT (the recording is attached to a goofy vid which can be (and maybe should be) ignored:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBPkrFgSpjQ

It's a lovely tune. Thanks again.

Ah, i heard that one before ... i think it's played in F (major scale) on a normal tuned fiddle, as i think i hear an open A string in there, but it could be played on a FCGD tuned fiddle too; then it is as if you're playing in the key of G. - Nout

Thanks again, Fiddler2007. Standard tuning it is. I really don't want to spend a lot of time trying to work out something that isn't going to work out in standard tuning. I think I'll be able to figure out the guitar chord shapes and work it out from there.

Thanks, Mr. Guy for the common sense advice about the bass box. I'm sure to get hungry sooner or later; I'll learn how to use the spoons.

Thanks to Big Nick & everyone for this website. It's a great resource for anyone interested in learning about and/or how to play this wonderful music.

(Hmmmmm? Now I'm wondering if this tune can be played on the accordion? (Oh well, back to the lurker's corner.)

Nice tune.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!