Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Jesse Lege, Chris Miller, Mark Savoy and . . . Jon Melancon!

I have to add another accordion titan to my pantheon of idols: Our own Jon Melancon! Check this bad boy out as he tears up the Bosco Stomp. About TIME we got a video of you Jon! Man, you have really moved up in the world - now it's time to start touring . . .

Y'all enjoy.

Re: Jesse Lege, Chris Miller, Mark Savoy and . . . Jon Melancon!

Where are y'all playing?

Hate to hijack my own thread, but Christian: any chance of you turning up on Balfa weekend (or any other time during Balfa)?

Superstar Jon Melancon will be there . . .

Jamey Hall
Hate to hijack my own thread, but Christian: any chance of you turning up on Balfa weekend (or any other time during Balfa)?

Superstar Jon Melancon will be there . . .

Jamey, you are a trip man! Thank you so much for the kind words, that really brings a smile to my face. I've still got a long way to go but I keep practicing, improving, and I'm enjoying myself more than ever.

Christian LeJeune
Where are y'all playing?

The house is owned by Michael Doucet but is being rented out by Alan LeFleur. Alan and some of his friends had a boucherie this past Saturday. The house is in Lafayette.

By the way, I'm told that this was the same house pictured on the album cover of Octa Clark and Hector Duhon "Old Time Cajun Music", and the place where the album was recorded. A lot of legends have played on this very same porch and it was really something to soak that all in.

I might be wondering around during balfa Jamey. Ill be sure and find ya if I do! Jon, glad you got to have that experience! Always brings a smile to my face hearing you play.

If I could spend a week with Jon,I could get some where with the accordion.Great stuff

Great rhythm section helpin' 'em keep the beat.
Love that left-handed guitar!
JB

Dang Jon that's some hard hittin play brother!

Jim Pettijohn
Dang Jon that's some hard hittin play brother!
Thanks Jim!

JB
Great rhythm section helpin' 'em keep the beat.
Love that left-handed guitar!
JB

Yep! That's what makes all the difference, when you have a good rhythm section holding it all together.

Christian LeJeune
I might be wondering around during balfa Jamey. Ill be sure and find ya if I do! Jon, glad you got to have that experience! Always brings a smile to my face hearing you play.

Thanks man! I feel the same about you your playing too.

Nice playing Jon. Hey, are you the guy who just recently commented on that YouTube video by the Crawdad Wranglers, where I commented that he was not playing a cajun accordion, that he was playing a piano accordion?

Dwight
Nice playing Jon. Hey, are you the guy who just recently commented on that YouTube video by the Crawdad Wranglers, where I commented that he was not playing a cajun accordion, that he was playing a piano accordion?

Yeah, that was me.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!