Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
How can I post/embed an mp3?

Be great if we could, to discuss particular songs that aren't available on Youtube (which is most of them).

For instance, I'm wondering if "Tee Mamou" on Ray Abshire's first CD is an original tune or if it's a lot like some other song out there. I always seem drawn to songs that aren't regular jam fare, dammit!

Thanks in advance!

Re: How can I post/embed an mp3?

"Tee Mamou" is an old traditional tune that shares the same melody as a song recorded by my great-grandfather, Andrew Doucet. The "Blacksmith Two-Step" will be feature on my upcoming new CD. Both the original, and my version will be on the CD.

I can't find it anywhere in my library. Any other popular recordings of it out there, Ganey?

Can't wait to get your new CD . . .

Jamey,

There is a version of Tee Mamou on a CD by Ray Landry. The title of the CD is "La Musique Viens Du Beaubassin." It on Swallow - SW 6156, released in 1999. I think that I may have a copy of the CD, but I haven't listened to it for a long time and am not sure where it is.

Jack Bond

Wade Fruge and Marc Savoy recorded it on the Old Style Cajun Music album.

John

Savoir Faire, with Paul Daigle, and Nonc Allie also both recorded it.

Grande Nick, is it possible to embed an mp3? I believe that's a worthy question thanks Jamey

Yeah "Tit' Mamou" is an old standard. I see others are noting other titles for the same basic tune. Another recording of this tune was recorded by Chester Cormier and the Bayou Boys titled "Mom's Two-Step".

Here's the tune done by Lee Sonnier ~1949. He called it Cankton Two Step: http://www.npmusic.org/Lee_Sonnier_and_his_Acadian_All_Stars_Cankton_Two_Step.mp3

GREAT version, Neal! Thanks!

Jamey,

I'd need to experiment to verify, but my suspicion is that it would be similar to posting a photo/video.

In other words, you'd likely need to upload the mp3 to your server and post a link as we do for images.

If I get a "round toit" I could give it a try ..

--biggy

That's pronounced "round twah" on this group . . . I mean, that's actually what I thought it said at first . . .

At the other item I give it a try.
It works with the player from your PC.
It also works on a tablet.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!