Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Gator by the Bay in San Diego Mother's day weekend May 10-12

No worries about the name spelling. The two spellings are actually interchangeable. My Grandfather spelled it Sousa, but his brother spelled it Souza.

There's a whole lot of Fontenot's out there. I am sure that Joe is at least coozan to many of them. I think he told me he was originally from the Lake Charles area. I'll ask him next time I see him. I like his playing style - simple, Old School, cajun/creole.

I don't know Mark Shensa. Is he only playing on Saturday? I will only be there on Sunday. I would like to meet him.

I used to play more Cajun than I do now, but I am always thinking I should get back to it again...

Great idea on the Cafe.

I dig the old school stuff too! It's ok that Marc Savoy can play 1/64th notes, but.....
Had Mark Shensa over to the house once. He showed me some stuff I couldn't get elsewhere. One on one is great! He'll be playing at the Gator gate both days at 1:00pm according to the schedule.

OK! Racing scheduling conflict is resolved. I'll be there both days! Look forward to meeting you on Sunday Mr. Sousa. I'll be the fool walking around in the crowd with an accordion and wearing a bright yellow MULATE's T-shirt from Pont Breaux (Breaux Bridge).
13 days to go.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!