Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Acadian Gateway

A few weeks ago I was searching for information about Cajun Music and I always look at the Musicians page of the Acadian Gateway. This was a part of the LSUE website and for me it was a goldmine. Unfortunately it was dissapeared and after some searching on the net I found out that David Simpson was the maker of the website. The LSUE website was completely rebuild and the pages from David were gone. He also have a Photo website with many photo's of Cajun & Zydeco musicians at Mardi Grass, gigs, festivals ... the photos are published on Flickr.
I try to get in contact with David and he was so kind to sent me all the files I need to get the whole website back on the internet.
I suppose that many people from Louisiana know David>
Because I had space on the server from where I have a website, I put all the pages on that server and made a link to it. It could be possible that some links on the site doesn't work , but I have to look for that.

You can go to the Acadian Gateway with link#1

The Contemporary Louisiana Cajun,Creole and Zydeco Musicians with link#2

The Photosite is link#3 and this one is renewed often because David is still busy with taking pictures from shows, festivals,......

I think that Davis does a great job in the past and still does nowadays.
I thank him very much for that.

Re: Acadian Gateway

As an Irish friend would say: Good Man!

And you're in for a lot of work maybe; the internal photo links don't seem to work on link #1 and #2 yet ?

- Nout

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!