Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Live video with my friend Trent, my dad and brother

Haven't played a gig in what seems like eons. The Baltimore Folk Music Society invited us to play their spring faire at Cromwell Valley Park. Once on an outside stage, and then a dance in a well kept, very clean barn.

Trent Van Blaricom on fiddle / vocal, my brother just by chance showed up with his drums, because he played with his rockabilly band the night before. It really helped having his choppin drum style behind us.

Unfortunately, my camera only recorded two whole songs. It kept stopping on it's own in the middle of videos, even with brand new batteries. I don't recommend Cannon Powershot 20SX!

Binci brass (plate / pan) reeds

Forgot to mention, that's my C Acadian with the Binci brass plates / steel reeds (not to be confused with actual brass reeds)...

I love the sound of them a lot more than the aluminum, and it didn't add too much weight at all. I wouldn't recommend putting them in heavy wood, but they are great so far.

I'll have to see if tarnish of the plates causes tuning issues. If so, I've got a lot of spot tuning to do

I'll get a acoustic video of this accordion soon. Although, nothing is like hearing it with strictly ears

Re: Live video with my friend Trent, my dad and brother

I remember Trent. He's looking, and sounding, good. Are he and Sandra still together?

Hi Ganey, I think they are parting ways. You should get with him on Facebook, I'm sure he'd be glad to hear from you.

I'm glad to know Trent. He's the only Cajun style fiddler that lives relatively close (that I know), who does the style justice. And I've jammed with quite a few in the general area. He also makes an effort to drive a long distance just to practice, and to do the gig. We're planning on doing more.

The performances were not so bad, considering we only had a two hour practice at my house, a few days before. Wish I had more video to share

There you go! Sounded pretty casual, in a good way.

Jim,
Sounds awesome man.
Great band, keep them together.
Let Trent move to Baltimore and you have a band.
Your brother too af course
Steady daddy as usual !!!!

Kick Axx box playing , and I liked the real solid rhythm guitar..no frills, the real deal.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!