Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CZ Archive - Aldus Roger Interview - 1979

Small sample of the 1979 interview with Aldus Roger by Pat Savant.

WF

Re: CZ Archive - Aldus Roger Interview - 1979

Great playing and superb timing! gotta love that base side squealing away! Truly a legend!!!!!!!!!!

Actions speak louder than words, as this interview shows.

I have a friend here in Texarkana who grew up in Rayne, LA back when Aldus Roger was at his peak. I mentioned the name, Aldus Roger (correctly pronounced), to him once, and his jaw dropped. "I haven't heard that name in 25 years, and you're probably the only other person in Texarkana who knows who he is. We used to go see him at Happy Fats' TV show at the lumber yard in Scott. He was like Elvis."

Elvis? Aldus? Well, Aldus didn't do "Burning Love", but Elvis couldn't play "Johnny" on the squeezebox!

Aldus Roger was a great artist. There's a little bit of his history in the Yellow Book.

Oh holy cow, I hope there's more where this came from.

When I saw the subject heading I thought it might have been an interview I heard Pete Bergeron do with Aldus on KRVS at what must have been about the same time. I actually missed the interview but I remember a snippet they used to air for it's promotion. Paraphrasing...

Pete: Quand Clifton Chenier a premierement recorde "les zaricos sont pas sales" et puis apres tu..."

Aldus: C'est moi qu'avait sorti ca premier!

Clifton Chenier and Aldus Roger, my favorites of their respective genres. I'd love to hear the rest of those interviews, though.

Where is the rest ?

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!