Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: OT: Short-sleeved jumpsuits, like Grandpa used to wear

There's a place in Thibodaux that Tysman was telling me about that still sells the old fashioned ones with belt buckles and all. I haven't been there but it sounds like it warrants a road trip soon.

Johnny's Men's Shop is the name. No website but maybe you can give em a call.

John

What's wrong with them overalls? You'll only wear the jump suit to funerals.

That's funny! As far as I remember I never saw one in Europe. I can assure you, though being a grampa myself, that I never wore one. The only ones to wear these peculiar outfits must have been the American paratroopers in WW2, and then with long sleeves. Looks very practical, but I would go for the old fashioned American overall (combined with a white shirt and bowtie on sundays)

They are called Coveralls. Remember them well. I don't think that I would wear them. Some things were meant for an earlier generation!

Thanks, John D.! Jerry Moody was on it like a chicken on a junebug, and told me about Johnny's right away; in fact, he called me from there, and put me on with a sales lady from his phone - what a guy!

Of course, I should have known Jerry would know where the all the cranky old farts shop, wink/grin.

@Nedro: no worries - I'll never shuck my old coveralls (well, sometimes, for skinny-dipping and other recreational pursuits . . . but you know what I mean). In fact, I just sent some that were getting old and thin to a seamstress today to get patched and hemmed into shorts. I ain't one to quit on a good garment just because of a little age.

@TJ: I guess I like a lot of things that were made for an earlier generation. Maybe because I was half-raised by my Grandpa, a farmer born in '03. Those were some damm good people back then!

LOL bet Jerry and his misses sleeps in them drawers

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!