Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Grosse Erreur continued...

Jamey, BB never came along as a tune of the month. I tried to advertise it back in 2010, but to no avail.

Peer
I never really loved Grosse Erreur - it sounds like a Nashville tearjerker to me, be it in French - but a challenge is a challenge. In that respect I agree with you Jamey. And Chris posted a lesson too.
But I still think it's a pity that you didn't pick a real blues tune, like Blacktop Blues.
I think Cajun Blues is 1. expressive 2. rhythmically interesting (the "shuffle" rhythm and the zigzag bass movements) 3. very much fun once you know how to play it 4. too much neglected as a genre 5. you can use the same embellishments as in waltzes. 6. just great.
Blacktop Blues has two parts which makes it more interesting than for instance Blues du Soulard (you're through that one before you know it).
Maybe an alternative for Erreur-haters??

Ah... Bonsoir Moreau !! Good choice Pat!
Someday i'm gonna learn that one too!!

Hmmm. You know, you got me to thinking, and I can't think of a single Cajun song I don't like! Some I like better than others, but none I actually dislike.

On the other hand, I've done plenty of things I don't like; some of them I'm the better for.

Peer, you're right,and it's funny you pick that one: I discovered Blacktop Blues a few days after I picked/posted Grosse Erreur, and I've been working on it almost exclusively ever since! Octa Clark is AMAZING!

Actually, you're the one that put me on the track of BT Blues, so it's no coincidence!! Thanks for that!!
I made a little clip of it the way i do it (or try to - just new) and would like to embed it here, but i don't know how to do that.

Black Top Blues continued

In fact I should do what Jim does: only post a clip on Youtube when you're ready for it. But i don't know how to embed a video, so here she goes... website #2

Re: Black Top Blues continued

Very nice love the way you play the top and bottom of the scales.

Q4U

... Andy??? You sold the R? I knew it, found it parked on my front porch; that's where it came from!

- Nout

Re: Q4U

Yes Nout I needed a quick fix so sold the R to the devil.

Oh yeah, how quickly I forget . . . most everything.

Ain't nothing to the embedding process: There's a little box in the RH corner that says "Embed". Click on it, copy the address it gives you, then paste that into your post. Voila!

Try it.

Thanks Jamey.
But the idea was to embed a video without having to publish it on Youtube, but only visible for us Braves.
(just not to annoy my subscribers with clips they don't want to see/hear). Well.. I'm gonna paste that you Tube clip right now!

Hmmmm...
Not yet processed....

But it works! thanks!

Very nice Peer, I love those low keys. I've been working on that, but it is such a different fingering.

Hey Jamey,I'll give GR a shot just to learn some licks.Peer,check out Jim's Bonsoir Moreau.He does it in D and I think low G on you tube

If y'all haven't heard Feu Feulet's verson it is the best version of this song. They did on a D accordion. Go get it.
Le Piquant

I agree, Jerry.

Hey, Pat..where ya been hidin'?

Hey cb,been trying to stay cool,what about you.See you in LA soon Bro

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!