Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bravenet Tune of the Month: Blacktop Blues!

I made this up some three years ago.I wouldn't have the patience now! some of it I would play it a bit different now, but it may be helpful! Website #1.

Ok--here you go. Took my shot at it--sounds like everyone is having a good go at it and its been a while for me to post anything. Hello everyone!

Well gentlemen (still no ladies around ??), this is the definite version as far as I'm concerned. Very inspiring.
You don't even need a band when you can play it like this. Fabulous!
Thanks Chris! And good to see/hear you again.

Ain't that the truth, Peer? Chris wanders in and nails it again. His playing is simply beautiful, and rather mesmerizing. I just love to watch him play.

Thanks, Chris! Thank heavens you post versions that we can all learn from; they are pure gold!

But as beautiful as Chris' playing is, it's still fun to see EVERYONE'S version, because they are all different, and there's something to learn from everyone, from beginner to expert.

So don't be shy, guys - it's ALL good!

Yeah !

C'mon boys - cowboy up!

Whoo hooo. Yay Jamie!! I already nailed down this song. I gots myself another 2-step. I think that makes 3 total.

Man... Chris.. I love how you got that swing feel of it.

John in Oregon

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!