Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ganey on the TeeVee!!!

I might be late to this party, but I switched to RFD television a moment ago and Ganey Arsement (spelling okay?) was on the Shotgun Red Variety Show. It was great! He was playing a beautiful accordion Jude made. Maybe there is a thread below about this or the show is a rerun, but it was wonderful for me to see Ganey play and he played and sang beautifully. Funny thing is the fiddler from the house band looked like his identical twin.

Re: Ganey on the TeeVee!!!

It's actually in reruns, but still cool to see. I taped that show in Nashville back in February over the Mardi Gras weekend. It original ran in April. The show is aired four times from Thursday to Sunday. I always know when it airs because my phone rings off the hook with people wanting CDs. It was better this time around because I have the new CD available. I sold twice as many. LOL!

The fiddler is Tigar Bell. People often mistake us for brothers. He is a great guy and a great fiddler. He played fiddle with my buddy, Jo-EL Sonnier for five years. The whole band is phenomenal. The leader, Penn Pennington, got the song in advance and wrote it out for everyone. We had roughly 5 minutes to rehearse. With an adjustment to tempo and a change in drum attack, they nailed it.

I'm planning another trip to Nashville for another show, and I hope to get in to jam it up with these guys, again.

~G

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!