Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: posted a solo version of Zydeco sont pas sale

wow!

in other words: amazing! What a drive!

I love that built-in-boogie run. I wonder how you do that on the treble side!
Nice studycase.

Thanks a lot!

REALLY wish I was going to FA this year, just to see you play there Chris - you're the one that got the ball rolling for me, when - 2008? 2009? It was a Saturday, around noon. That's when I decided, dammit, I'm never going to learn to play this music until I get a for-real Cajun accordion. That's also the day I danced holes in my feet . . .

It started my tough day with a smile, when I saw you had posted this song. Now I need to go listen to it . . .

Many thanks, bro.

Hot dog! That was AWESOME!

I smiled the entire time watching that! Thank you so much for posting Chris!

That's nice!

Thanks, everyone! Peer--that boogie pattern took a little while for me to figure out how to make it fit in a work in this version! If I could have done it with the left hand I would have--but of course you know the limitations on the left side of the Cajun accordion. I did have a challenge trying to make the bass side work WITH the tune and not against it since the G notes are almost all on the push and the G basses are on the pull. It came out sounding pretty good I thought--but this song is not one that sounds naturally good with the basses. Kind of like Jolie Blonde--the basses kind of work against the tune unless you get creative.

That's some spectacular use of those low treble buttons. I've tried and tried to do that on other songs, but my fingers act drunk. The fingering up(down) there doesn't come as natural as it does at the 5,6,7 buttons.

What I admire so much about this version is that Chris figures out that pattern, and then makes it sound completely intuitive. It flows out like it's "simple comme bonjour", which it isn't! That's music.

chapeaux bas, thumbs up!

I only can agree with all replies.
Thanks Chris.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!