Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Resetting myself

Same boat different sea.

Re: Resetting myself

Hi Bryan, "No 18" here, a delighted customer of yours. My mahogany "L'Anse Grise" is much admired, drooled over even, wherever it goes. I'm trying to learn from DVDs and CDs, but the instructors have a nasty habit of completely glossing over the bass, having laboured (sorry, labored, ha ha) over the treble ad infinitum - then they say "and now we'll add the bass" and - wallop, they add it, played fast, no explanation, no going over it more than once, nothing. It's all right for them, they do it without thinking, but not for someone like me who's struggling from zero. So what I do is to enter the treble notes on Finale Songwriter, then add the bass notes, which Finale puts in the right places rhythmically, then print out the result and learn to synchronise the bass from that. Slow and laborious, but it "clicks" eventually, and then I can do it without thinking. Strange but true. Here in Manchester (UK) there's the friendly and helpful Cajun Specials once a month to jam along with, but once a month isn't really often enough, but better than complete isolation.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!