Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Cajun Accordion brand (vid and pics)

Just got this from Elton Doucet, the past week or so.

Great accordion! It has Salpa reeds that are of the Antonelli / Salpa merger, and as far as I'm concerned sound as good as the old Salpas.

I applied a slight wet tuning, that was not measured in cents, on the bank of 20 mid reeds. The wavery-beats are very close to each other in speed (on chosen notes), so it compliments and preserves the crispness of the chords. Over all, the wavering / wetness sounds almost the same on all notes, except for the biggest (lowest) reeds, on that mid bank. There's more distance between the beats on the first four, gradually increasing in speed. However, I didn't increase the speed of beats on the highest notes, this time. I'm not sure if this makes sense to any ya'lls, but I figured I'd put it out there...

photo greencajunbrand_zps24e35b6d.jpg
 photo greencajunbrand2_zpsa940f666.jpg

Re: New Cajun Accordion brand (vid and pics)

wow, a beautie !

So it has Voci Armoniche reeds?

Nice sound and playing

That is a beautiful box. Great sound. Excellent playing. You and you Dad make a great team.

Great box, great playing, fancy looks... What more do you want?

Well .. maybe a waltz, or something else with some longer notes, so you can hear clearly what the result is of the tuning you described. In an uptempo song that's harder to hear.

I thought you were getting that hearing problem checked out, Peer. Just kidding; hehe

Wow, great playing. Didn't Point Noir accordions come from Churchpoint? Those were pretty great boxes too.

I watched you a bunch on youtube yesterday. Didn't know it was you and the playing -- especially the tone and pacing -- was out of sight. You can really play...

Not too sure where Dick Richard lived, but lots of people here would know. Always wanted a Point Noir, but I started playing around the time he passed.

Thanks for the kind words brother. It was a challange learning the Cajun accordion here in Maryland, but I somehow managed.

Dick Richard lived in...well...Pointe Noir, around Church Point.

Now that makes sense! :- )

Wunderful looking/sounding box and as usual playing too.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!