Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Octa Clark Still Rocks It For Me...

I think you play fine on the youtube.

Re: Octa Clark Still Rocks It For Me...

I've heared you playing in Floyds Record Shop at Ville Platte a few years ago and that sounded very good.
But I know nothing, me from Barcelona (Manuel in Fawlty Towers)
Link#2

Re: Octa Clark Still Rocks It For Me...OT

Another Fawlty Towers fan! What's your favorite episode? Mine is the Hotel Inspector . . .

And I'm an Octa Clark FREAK! And a Chris Miller freak . . .

You agree on the freak thing.

I'm freaking wth you jamey (accordion speaking) but the episode with don't mention the war is also very cool

"The Germans"! Yes, that's my other favorite! My third favorite is "Communication Problems" - but they're all good.

Man.. I'm just a total Octa guy. From the very beginning with the accordion, I knew that he was the standard against I would try to measure.

It's maddening to watch the videos of him playing. His hands were always so still - so relaxed. Few clues to what he is doing there.

That collection of songs he did with Bessyl, Steve Riley, etc that included Freight Train Blues, Marais Bouleur, Grandamas Waltz. Wow!!! I wish I could get the whole thing.

There was that album "You Can't Go Wrong if You Play it Right". It's so true. I've found that when playing Mr. Octas stuff that if it's hard to play, you're doing it wrong. When it turns easy and flows off the fingers, it's right.

John in Oregon

Once again, I'm with you, JohnA

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!