Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Video playing Talles De Ronces

To embed a video on Bravenet, you must check the "use old code"
selection.

I could not see such a selection available for your video.

Then, I looked at one of my old videos and I *did* see the selection
as being available.

The only difference that I could determine is that your video has been posted
as part of a batch of videos and mine was not.

Perhaps, you might try posting your video as a single video and see
if you can find the "use old code" selection box.

Best of luck :-)

--BN

Nick, it is a playlist, you just have to open the video individually. Jon, click on "share", then "embed", then check the box that says "use old old embed code". Then highlight all the gibberish in the box under "embed", then copy and paste said gibberish in your post where you put remarks. Try it with the Big Boy video, it's a good one, too. I must add, it's nice to see someone more technologically challenged than me.

Bryan, which version? The one where we are sitting down (in C) or standing up (in D)? By the way, the reason we have different versions of the same song is because we filmed a couple takes for certain songs that Jamie Lynn and I sing in both C and D. Like I said earlier, its for a promotional thing we are working on.

Hi Jon,

"Promotional thing" ?? François va vous faire venir jouer en France ?

Marc.

Marc
Hi Jon,

"Promotional thing" ?? François va vous faire venir jouer en France ?

Marc.

Exactement!

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I really appreciate it more than y'all know.

Either, Jon, or better yet, both. Y'all sound really good. This is my favorite Cajun music ensemble, accordion, guitar, 2 fiddles. No drums, no steel....perfect.

Me too. I like the rest, but it's the style which I prefer.

Marc.

Awesome! You a pro now, boy! I didn't know Jamie Lynn could sing; she sounds great.

I also like it, Jon, that when you lean back and work those bellows, it rubs your belly and you kick your leg just like a dog. Anybody else notice that? Or is that just another flight of fancy on my part . . .?

GREAT job!

What a marvellous band!
Beautiful music, good accordion playing,and I love that twin fiddle sound!
This is the best promotion you can have! Especially with that charming singer/guitarist you can't go wrong in France, I guarantee you that!
I also watched the Reno Waltz. Very good singing!!

Great video and it sounds awesome with the twin fiddles.
Jamie Lynn's voice is wunderful.
We met her almost every year at Saulieu and did some jam.

Wow! Talk about drive. That was great and the lady singing really has "it." That is a perfect band -- you need nothing except a very large audience.

Tit Fer
The second fiddler does a great job;, all the time the right rhythm.

I finally was able to view the videos posted now that Cyber Monday is over and you all sound great. I hope this tour in France comes to pass for you. Good luck on a great sound. Please post more videos and maybe put out a CD.

I've watched it a dozen times or so, and just gets better! This is a new one for me, but quite similar to my fave L'Anse au Pailles. Nice push tunes, both.

Nedro
I've watched it a dozen times or so, and just gets better! This is a new one for me, but quite similar to my fave L'Anse au Pailles. Nice push tunes, both.

Thanks Ned! Hey, if you do try and learn this song from this youtube recording then I just wanted to make sure you know its in the key of D but there is another version of us doing this same song in C. Like I said earlier we did two different versions of a couple songs just to see which one would come out better in different keys and the lady who shot the videos wanted to put them all up so we let her.

IMHO the D Version is the better.

Nedro
IMHO the D Version is the better.

Oh yeah, no doubt!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!