Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Great new zydeco accordion instruction web site.

Hey, check it out at link #1. There's a great new zydeco accordion instruction site. My buddy Greg Benusa has put together a very good web site. He's lurks here on Bravenet, but I don't think he posts very often.

Greg noticed that all the instruction material out there is all Cajun, and little or now Zydeco, so he took it into his own hands (literally) to correct that.

I have been playing Zydeco for many years, but I picked up a few new tricks. Particularly the breakdowns. I never really got my head around those very well before.

So, check it out, and say Dave sent you - I get a kick back (just kidding).

Re: Great new zydeco accordion instruction web site.

The weblink took me to $19.95 for one tune at three speeds plus tab. You should be getting a kickback.

No - no kickbacks.

As to the cost, if you think it is too much, go find it elsewhere at a better price. Trouble is, it ain't there.

I suppose it comes down to the value to the buyer, and whether there is any competition.

In my case, everything I have learned, I did it all on my own, with a huge investment of time and effort. I had to do it that way because there was nobody around who could show me how, at any price.

If I could have paid an instructor $20 to show me some of those things that took me days to figure out on my own, it would have totally been worth it.

As the man says YMMV.

Hey David,
Thanks for posting the link. I was checking out the breakdown and it just came to me that I have not really used breakdowns in some time. They aren't really that hard and it's really a good exercise to loosen up and work on groove.
Kirk Jones

Thanks for sharing... after checking the site out a bit there is a free lesson to play Zydeco Extravaganza under the Lesson menu along with a lot of other good free focused on the beginning/intermediate player.

The other thing I noticed after checking out the free Zydeco Extravaganza tune is the tablature for each song which you can't find anywhere on the web as well as Zydeco Practice Beats at different tempos to practice to.

-Fritz

Thanks for the link, kool site.

I need a Bb box !

Use amazing slow downer if you don't have a Bb.
Kirk

Will do, but want a Bb box.. I have alwyas like the sound of Bbs and Ebs..

And Bb/Eb 2 row boxes... Common in th Dominican Republic for "tipico" music.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!