Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: slow downer

1. download a video with youtube downloader
2. open the video with windows media player
3. right click and choose options,
4. click the slowdown option in the popup menu.

The Amazing Slow Downer will work with downloaded MP4 videos - audio-only, of course.

thanks guys

I like " the Ultimate dvd player. Down load the you tube video. Burn it to a disc then use this program. Slows down video without changing the pitch!

I like the 'Amazing Ears'. Extract the audio from the video and use all kinds of software to slow it down.

I download a YouTube video with "Fastest YouTube Downloader". This converts the video into an MP3. I then put the MP3 file into an iTunes playlist. I open The Amazing Slowdowner and import that playlist. Now I can select a single tune and play it as slow speeds with out changing the pitch. It sounds complicated but it really isn't. I have been doing this for years and it works very well. I learned most of my Cajun songs on the Amazing Slowdowner. This will work for both Mac and Windows. Try it. You'll like it.

You see, every madman here has his own method.
But if you really want a slow VIDEO (so you can watch what the fingers are doing) I would recommend my method! Good Luck!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!