Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Accordion recommendations

Having a bit of trouble taking a joke Casta? Right over yer head mate? And what would you know about Japanese joinery? The Taisho-era Tansu in my bedroom -- valued at $5000 and a beautiful piece has all sorts of "butt" joints in iit. So does the ki hibachi which is not a piece of junk either.

As I recall Martin, Point Noir, Acadian, Bon Cajun and some others whose names escape me all feature butt joints. It's a Cajun tradition, just like it's a tradition for tight asses to scream bloody murder about those dreaded b-u-t-t joints. I remember you all well...

If you knew anything about Japan, the Japanese and what is and what is not admired you would know that the most prized bowls for the Japanese Tea Ceremony are often crudely made by Korean potters. You would know that exquisite "crudeness" is part of some of Japanese arts and crafts.

I have no dog in the Bishop Mitre/Fat Butt joints. How does the box sound? That's all I care about. To me, getting upset about what other people like shows an incredible narrowness in the posterior but YMMV...

As far as American "framers" covering their work, what a curious comment. Of course they cover the framing. It's called sheathing and siding, plaster and wood trim. Have a nice day...

Re: Accordion recommendations

Still at this Jeff-san? Sheesh. -L-

Hey, what about Jacksonville over by Medford? I'm thinking that's a great place to retire. Do you get over to Medford much? I need to find a place to land after I retire in three years...

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!