Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Demoing my Cajun Accordion

We all sounded like that once...

Haha thanks, I'm hoping and get the bouncing on my index finger down so I can at least get a cajun feel I'm working through the 99 year waltz right now, you would think bouncing isn't that difficult but doing it constantly and in somewhat of a rhythm can be a little bit of a challenge.

Actually, not all of sounded that way when we started ..

I think I sounded worse!

:-) .. BN

Nick you're too kind my friend. I ordered your DVD set last night!! I can't wait to get it.

Ryan,
Big welcome to the board! I don't get too many players newer than me here, so now I feel pretty good about my level of playing! LOL!
Just keep at it. If you love the music, it'll come.
Sit in front of a big mirror to help learn where the buttons are sooner. Get your right hand going first. "Before you can learn how to type, you have to learn how to spell."
I prefer the Big Nick DVD's.
Also, find Chris Miller's 5 part video of Love Bridge Waltz on you tube.
Welcome again and have fun with it.

Oh .. by the way .. There's another really good 'Learn Cajun Accordion'
DVD out there but I forget the guy's name.

Big Dick .. Or, Pig Hick .. Or something like that ..

--BN

Great...you got you a accordion....I learned the meat of my accordion playing from Dirk (vhs tape)...and later got Big Nicks DVD, which are great....also you need to attend some workshops on the accordion...there are two big ones you can attend, Balfa week in Louisiana, and Augusta in Elkins WV...both great...I have been to both of them...I believe there are links on the bottom of this webpage...Later

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!