Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Gruesome ending

Here are Gruesomes final three rough cuts to end the holidays. Links are 'Two Step de Mama', 'Nonc Adam Two Step' and 'One Step a Martin'. These tunes can be found in 'Ten Step Two Step Volume Six'.

Re: A Gruesome ending

Guy, I like the accordion playing, though something about the rhythm backup seems odd. If I might venture a guess at the reason, I'd say that it's because of the guitarist. The traditional guitar stroke is to hit the low strings on the 1 and 3 of the measure and the full chord on the 2 and 4. He may be doing the opposite; i.e., striking all the strings on the 1 and 3. I'm not sure this is what he's doing, but whatever the reason, I don't feel a solid beat in sync with the accordion. I hope you don't mind me posting this.

Thanks for that Tom. Gruesome play music once a year or less. The guitarist has not heard these tunes until I play them through. Once. And then we're off and running. He's also not listening to Cajun music any other time. We may be at a level lower than amateur.

Do you have a web site? Whats the best way to order ?

'Ten Step Two Step' Vols 1-6 are available on Ebay. From outside the UK this would be under 'international sellers'.

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!