Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Workshops musical instruments Virton(Belgium)

This is about a instrument workshop at Virton(Belgium)

For the first time this year with a workshop Cajun accordion with Gilles Kusmeruck.

The first and leader event of the association is an acoustic music workshop we organize since 29 years!
This workshop offers 14 classes with international teachers to learn guitar (blues, gipsy, rhytmic, swing, fingerstyle, flatpicking), banjo, mandolin, double bass, singing, fiddle, harmonica, dobro and, for the first time this year, Cajun accordion with Gilles Kusmeruck.
The workshop is run 1 week, April, 7 to 12.

More information link#2

Re: Workshops musical instruments Virton(Belgium)

Gilles Kusmeruck is my accordion teacher. Very good instructor, accordionist, multi-instrumentalist. I would be come but Belgium is too far from Brittany.

Marc

That would be a lot of fun. I'd really like to go, but it's a fairly far distance from Oregon (5200 mi / 8400 km) and... I would wind up spending my time in the Belgian breweries.

It's always an interesting comparison. For most Europeans, 200 km is quite a long way. For Americans, 200 years is a very long time.

John in Oregon

Distance between Rennes to Brussels(straight line): 331 miles or 532.58 KMS.
Distance from Paris to New Orleans: 4814.7 Miles (air).
Distance from San Antonio to Lafayette: 415 miles or 668 km (driving).
Distance from Portland to Lafayette is 2,503 miles or 4 028km (driving)

John, you really live a long way from Louisiana!

As Hondo Crouch, the Mayor of Luckenbach used to say, "New York will never amount to anything, it's to far away from here!"

200 years used to seem like a long time to me when I was 20;
Now that I'm 70, it doesn't seem that long.

Marc, vous devez aller voir votre instructeur.
Qu'est-ce que c'est un peu Voyage?

JB

Haha.. so true! I started in Louisiana. Grew up in Shreveport. Guess that since by most accounts (in Louisiana), the Mason Dixon line goes through Alexandria, that I'm a northerner. I'd dispute that though.

I've driven across the U.S. a couple times and I always amazed at the distances. It's quite a thing to consider the folks who bloody WALKED from out east to the west. Them were some tough folks.

I told my wife about the Virton thing and she said we should go as long as there would be dance workshops. Alas, none of those and the accordion class is full.

John in Oregon

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!