Welcome to old and new friends who are interested in discussing Cajun and other diatonic accordions, along with some occasional lagniappe....

CAJUN ACCORDION DISCUSSION GROUP

General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Internet Radio Q

I'm not exactly objective about this, but I do believe that Pete Begeron's show every Monday through Friday from 5:00am to 7:00am CST is the best. I try to listen to the program every day. Taken over a longer period of time, he covers an extraordinary variety of Cajun music.

I live in the Eastern Standard time zone; so for me the show begins at 6:00 EST. It starts my day. I have been doing this for years; and when something happens that the show isn't available on the internet, it just messes up my day.

I'm not positive about this, but I believe that some of his shows are archived and are available any time.

The website is krvs.org

If you google for genre internet radio, you can try more than one radio station.
I started with Gatemouth Brown , Chris ASrdoin,.... at shoutcast #3
Radio live 365 is also an option. #1
And there's much more.
If you want klompendans, just search for it

I know there's lots and lots of stations. I was just wondering which one would be the best from the Braves' point of view. For there's a lot of "plastic" Cajun stations too.

Ron, website #1. Hollandse Klompendansen!!
"Not Available in your Area"
Wel GVD !!!

Krvs is good cus it has podcasts which date back so you can have hours and hours of the stuff.
I also sometimes listen to one simply called "Cajun Radio", this seems pretty no nonsense and throws up all kind of suprises plus it lists whats playing and even provides links to some artists.

This one just popped up. Cajun Sounds Internet Radio. Link #2 or http://www.cajunsoundsinternetradio.com/

Thanks guys!

Jamey Hall's most excellent Cajun Accordion Music Theory

Brett's all new Cajun Accordion Music Theory for all keys!

LFR1.gif - 1092 Bytes The April 2011 Dewey Balfa Cajun & Creole Heritage Week

augusta.gif - 6841 Bytes

Listen to Some GREAT Music While You Surf the Net!!
The BEST Radio Station on the Planet!